Adding a Web Service to your project.
In your VS2005 project.
1. Right click on the project name and select "Add Web Reference"
2. Type in the URL to the server hosting your Web Service.
3. Select the Web Service you'd like to add.
4. Give it a name.
5. Click the "Add Reference" button.
In your VS2008 project you have to jump through a few more hoops. When you right click on your project, you don't have the option to "Add a Web Reference" so where did it go?
1. Right click on your project and select "Add Service Reference".
2. Click on the "Advanced" button.
3. Click on "Add Web Reference", now you should be in familiar territory.
(Note that the code generated will be based on .NET Framework 2.0 Web Services, I'm assumming using a Service Reference will be the ideal route to take once things are ported to WCF but I could be way out in left field on that).
4. Go ahead and type in the URL to the server hosting your Web Service.
5. Select the Web Service you'd like to add.
6. Give it a name.
7. Click the "Add Reference" button.
So there you have it, 5 steps in VS2005 versus 7 steps in VS2008 to complete the same task. Not that big a deal but it's the little changes that throw you off your game when you upgrade to a new version of software.